Oct 16, 2012

Plum chutney

I fell in love with this recipe when I saw it on RunnerGirlintheKitchen's blog, and it was one of the first ever dishes that I tried out. I loved the combination of sweet and tart, and the second time I made it, I modified the proportions to suit my taste.
Waiting for plums to come back in the market, so I can make some more of this.



250 gms plums
5 tbsp jaggary grated
1 red chilli
1 tsp chilli powder
5 cloves
8-10 black peppers
salt to taste

De-seed the plums
Take 1/4 cup water, and bring to boil. Add red chilli, cloves, pepper and plums, and keep stirring till the plums go mushy.
Add chilli powder, jaggary and salt, and cook till the chutney reaches desired consistency.
Take off fire, and allow to cool.
Can be stored for upto 3 months (maybe longer, but never tried it).

No comments:

Post a Comment