Oct 18, 2013

Chana payash

I first heard about Sharat Poornima last year, and since I had two bananas that were ready to be consigned to the dustbin, made a banana payasam instead. That obviously set a precedent, and this year too, I decided to make a white sweet to commemorate the festival. Since I have just learnt to make paneer, this recipe of Uma Chinkaru was right up my street.


1 litre milk
1/3 cup sugar
cardamon powder for garnish

Method:
Make paneer out of 1/2 litre of milk (paneer recipe here).
While the paneer is draining, take the rest of the milk in a heavy bottomed vessel, and reduce it on a low flame till it is about half the original volume.
Grate the paneer into the milk, add the sugar, and cook on a low flame till you achieve the desired consistency.
Add cardamon powder.
Chill before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment