Jan 8, 2014

Creamy mushroom soup

A few times last year, I made soup and bread for dinner, and it worked much better than I'd anticipated it would. So this year, I am planning to make "soup and bread" once a week at home. This is my first attempt at making a soup which all of us love- mushroom soup- but which I have never been brave enough to try.

1 tsp cornflour mixed with ¼ cup milk
3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 tsp dried oregano
salt to taste
For the paste:
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup milk

Method:
For the paste:
Combine the mushrooms and milk and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
Cool and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste. Keep aside.


Heat a non-stick pan, add the ground paste, mushrooms and 2½ cups of water and simmer for a few minutes.
Add the cornflour-milk mixture, oregano and salt and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or till the mixture thickens.
Serve hot, with breadsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment